Welcome to Journal Author Academy Part 1: Writing your Manuscript
Our courses are meant for thorough study and take our users 20 minutes to complete on average. Very knowledgeable people will be quicker while those who are confronted with the course subject for the first time might take a little longer.
Test yourself using the quiz! You may take the quiz before the course, and don’t worry if you fail your first try. Visit the course and come back to it. You can retake the quiz as often as you need.
And: If 70% or more of your answers are correct, you are awarded a certificate of completion which acknowledges your achievements.
Start learning now! (You can continue where you left off at any time to receive your credit.) You can use the links to the right to find advice on specific topics.
- Identifying hot topics for research
- Study design
- Reference managers
- Types of journal manuscripts
- Overview of IMRaD structure
- Title, Abstract and Keywords
- Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results
- Discussion and Conclusions
- Figures and Tables
- Acknowledgments and References
- Formatting your manuscript